Tuesday 6 June 2017

Soothing Thoughts

Mahi Tahi has been learning about ways we can self-soothe ourselves when we are upset, angry, scared or sad.
Here are some of the thoughts the children have been saying to themselves:

  • It does not matter what happens, my family loves me
  • Deep breaths through my nose
  • I can't do this YET
  • I just need more practice 
  • My teacher wants the best for me because he/she respects me
  • Count to 10 slowly
  • A problem shared is a problem halved
  • Think about the last thing you did well
  • A little bit better is still better
  • I'm not alone
  • I'm not the only one finding this difficult
  • Making mistakes are the steps to getting things right
  • Nothing gets better if I run away from it
  • Imagine snow flakes are cooling you down
  • Imagine being covered in fairy dust
  • Imagine you're snuggled up in bed all warm and cosy
  • The more I practice, the better I'll get
  • Take a few deep breaths and try again
  • Success feels better when it is hard to get

No comments:

Post a Comment